A Guide for Real Estate Salespersons
Description of Product
It is a clear and concise write-up discussing basic concepts of real estate agency and regulations relevant to the examination syllabus. The various concepts are flagged under headings and subheadings. There is also an index at the back of the book which makes it convenient for readers to make a quick reference.
Whilst the discussion and write-up of basic concepts of real estate are done thoroughly, laws relating to real estate such as, Immigration Act, Administration of Muslim Law Act, Residential Property Act, Bankruptcy Act and Moneylenders Act that are linked to the real estate and agency practice are also dealt with in depth. Of particular importance is the chapter on the Estate Agents Act 2010 which discusses the important requirements pertinent to a real estate salesperson in the performance of his duties.
This ensures that the reader obtains good knowledge of the real estate and agency practice and understands the requirements of the Estate Agents Act including the code of ethics and professional client care.
This book is not endorsed by the CEA and is not authorised as course notes for the Real Estate Salesperson (RES) Course. The study of this book does not replace the requirement for all new entrants to the real estate agency industry to attend the RES Course conducted by Approved Course Providers before taking the RES Examination.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Real Estate Agency Industry Overview
- Chapter 3 Basic Concepts of Real Estate
- Chapter 4 Laws Governing Estate Agency Practice and Real Estate Transactions
- Chapter 5 Marketing and Customer Services
- Chapter 6 Estate Agents Act 2010 and Estate Agency Practice
- Chapter 7 Sale and Lease of HDB Properties
- Chapter 8 Sale and Lease of Private Properties Index