A Guide to Termination of Employment in Singapore, 2nd Edition [eBook]
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
The book retains easily digested chapters which cover, comprehensively and yet concisely, the major topics that concern an employer and employee when the relationship comes to an end. Apart from being expert guidance for employers and employees on their respective rights and legal obligations regarding termination of employment, the book covers all relevant legislation and is replete with practical discussion and sample clauses/notices that readers may adopt and adapt to fit specific needs.
Authored by Deborah Barker, SC with the assistance of a team of lawyers from KhattarWong. This book remains one of the most recognised reference books with respect to termination of employment in Singapore. It is hoped that the book will continue to be a valuable resource to all who are interested in the subject matter.
Table of contents
Table of Contents
· Chapter 1: Overview of Termination of Employment in Singapore
· Chapter 2: Scope of Employment Act
· Chapter 3: Remedies for Termination in Breach of Contract
· Chapter 4: Termination and the Industrial Relations Act
· Chapter 5: Redundancy
· Chapter 6: Receivership, Judicial Management, Insolvency, Mergers and Acquisitions of Employer
· Chapter 7: Removal of Directors
· Chapter 8: Termination of Employment of Foreign Employees
· Chapter 9: Taxation of Employment Income
· Chapter 10: Discipline of Employment Income
· Chapter 11: Obligations After the Termination of Employment: Non-competition and Confidentiality Clauses