Description of Product
This book is essential for legal practitioners, judges, scholars and students. The detailed analysis of the principles, workings, and complexities of criminal law in each chapter is done in an organised and structured manner, with clear headings and sub-headings that make it easy for referencing and review. Now in its third edition, the comprehensive analysis of legislation, major cases, academic commentary and law reform perspectives on criminal law has made this book the premier authoritative text referred to in legal proceedings, judgments and scholarly journals.
Table of contents
• Comprehensive analysis of the general principles of criminal responsibility in Malaysia and Singapore
• Analysis of the major offences against the person and property in the light of the general principles of criminal responsibility
• Review of all major relevant cases from Malaysia and Singapore, and also from India, Myanmar and Sri Lanka
• Placing the law in a historical and theoretical context, pointing out its strengths and weaknesses
• Formulating new provisions on the general principles of criminal responsibility to improve the law