LexisNexis Guide: Legal Referencing, 5th edition [eBook]
One Year Subscription Only Terms
Subscribers receive the product(s) listed on the Order Form and any Updates made available during the annual subscription period. Shipping and handling fees are not included in the annual price.
Subscribers are advised of the number of Updates that were made to the particular publication the prior year. The number of Updates may vary due to developments in the law and other publishing issues, but subscribers may use this as a rough estimate of future shipments. Subscribers may call Customer Support at 800-833-9844 for additional information.
Subscribers may cancel this subscription by: calling Customer Support at 800-833-9844; emailing email@example.com; or returning the invoice marked 'CANCEL'.
If subscribers cancel within 30 days after the product is ordered or received and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a full credit of the price for the annual subscription.
If subscribers cancel between 31 and 60 days after the invoice date and return the product at their expense, then they will receive a 5/6th credit of the price for the annual subscription. No credit will be given for cancellations more than 60 days after the invoice date. To receive any credit, subscriber must return all product(s) shipped during the year at their expense within the applicable cancellation period listed above.
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Legal Referencing and this Guide
2. Non-Legal Styles of Referencing
3. Legal Referencing
4. The Fundamentals of Legal Referencing and Writing
5. Improving your Legal Writing and Referencing
6. Case Law
7. Statutes and Other Kinds of Legislation
8. Textbooks, Looseleaf Services, Legal Encyclopaedias, Legal Dictionaries
9. Journals or Periodicals
10. Newspapers, Magazines, Conference Papers, Unpublished Material, Bible, Lectures
11. Parliamentary Debates, Reports and Bills
12. How to Cite Legal Materials Located Electronically
13. United Kingdom, Canada and United States
14. Referencing in Exams
15. Where to Find Help
16. Automated Referencing Systems
Appendix 1 Recommended abbreviations for use in citation
Appendix 2 Citation of law reports
Appendix 3 Designators for courts and tribunals
Appendix 4 Quick reference guide
Appendix 5 Australian Guide to Legal Citation (4th edition)
Appendix 6 Differences between the 3rd and 4th editions of the Australian Guide to Legal Citation
Appendix 7 Designators for journals and other resources